Please send all correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you draft that email, keep these thoughts in mind:
1. Compliments are always welcome. This is a FREE site. Sometimes we wonder why we even do this. Nice letters remind us why, so keep them coming!
2. You have the right to send a nasty email. We've received some doozies. Please remember a review is an opinion, and not to take offense if ours differ from yours.
3. Your chance of getting your book reviewed here is slim unless you're respresented by a major publisher. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's safe to say big houses won't publish crapola. There are just too many books to review and not enough time in the day. Remember, this is a FREE site so we can't read 24/7 for a living. You increase your chances of getting a review by drafting an email with the following:
a. your name, the title of the book
b. a brief description of the subject (make sure the book fits TheBookHaven.net's interests)
c. a link where we can find more information.
Seriously, an email that only says "I have a book! Can you review it?" gets electronically round filed Why should we have to approach you to get the information? Also, anybody can get their book sold on Amazon.com. Tell us why yours is different.
4. Have a book searching site? Save your breath. We get emails all the time telling us about great sites that help visitors find the cheapest books. It's been done again and again. Sorry, we don't list these on our links page because they're just affiliate sites.
5. We're bad typists and bad proofreaders. Thanks to those who remind us of that. Some people are nice about it and some aren't. We make corrections when notified, but serving the grammar police isn't high on the list of priorities.